How to DIY Platform Bed from IKEA

Here is how I DIY-ed my very own platform bed which is able to store heaps of stuffs for only...   $316 !! The picture below is how...



Here is how I DIY-ed my very own platform bed which is able to store heaps of stuffs for only...
 
$316!!

The picture below is how I constructed the shelves altogether to make it into a platform.
Please take note that all the shelves used were from the BESTÅ family.
I will provide the link for you to see the item on ikea's website for your own reference.

So... my personalised  platform bed is made up of
4 x 
BESTÅ White frames (120cm x 40cm x 38cm)
3 x 
BESTÅ White frame (60cm x 40cm x 38cm)




FRAME 'A'

First link: $70 for normal white frame


**The dimensions for the normal white frame and TV bench are the same (120cm x 40cm x 38cm)
the only difference is that for the TV bench there is a hole already cut out at the bottom for wiring purposes.**

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PURCHASE THE CORRECT ITEM AS THE AMOUNT DIFFERENCE IS $55 EACH AND IN TOTAL YOU MIGHT BE SPENDING $220 MORE!



FRAME 'B'



The reason why I only spent $316 constructing my platform bed was because the day that I went to ikea to purchase my shelves, frame 'A' which is also known as
BESTA white frame (120cm x 40cm x 38cm)
was on sale at $49 each!

So...
$49 x 4 = $196
$40 x 3 = $120
$196 + $120 = $316

and the actual amount if there weren't any sales is...

$70 x 4 = $280
$40 x 3 = $120
$280 + $120 = $400

Considering the fact that you are actually spending $400 on a platform bed which can also store and keep your things I think it is worth every penny of yours! 

I hope this will help you if you are intending or planning to also built your very own platform bed by purchasing shelves from IKEA!


You can also put some fairy lights on your platform to make your whole room look cosy!

:)

Xoxo, 

B

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images